British Columbia Municipal License Plates
"City Issues"

Quick Links:
Municipal  |  Municipal Exempt   |  City Issues Gallery  |  City of Vancouver Gallery

Agassiz

Neale Hankins Collection
Neal Hankins Collection

Alberni

Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection

Burnaby

Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Ron Garay Collection

Chilliwack
The Township of Chilliwack was incorporated in 1873, and in 1881 a large subdivision called Centreville was developed nearby. In 1887 the name Centreville was replaced by a more popular name, Chilliwack, and the area was incorporated in 1908 as a separate municipality, the City of Chilliwack. The City and the Township co-existed for 72 years before merging in 1980 to form the City of Chilliwack.
Ron Garay Collection
Ron Garay Collection

Coquitlam

Neale Hankins Collection

Delta
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection

Langley

Maple Ridge

Matsqui
Dave Hollins Collection
Neale Hankins Collection
Neale Hankins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection

Mission
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Neale Hankins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection

Nanaimo

New Westminster
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection

Dave Hollins Collection

Dave Hollins Collection

North Vancouver

Ron Garay Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Neale Hankins Collection

Port Alberni


Port Coquitlam


Port Moody

Neal Hankins Collection

Powell River

Dave Hollins Collection

Prince George

Dave Hollins Collection

Richmond

Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Neale Hankins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection

Saanich

     

Sumas

Neale Hankins Collection
     

Surrey

Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection

Tahsis
The Village of Tahsis, situated on the west coast of Vancouver Island had originally started as a floating logging camp in the 1940s with the only access being by boat. This later evolved into a permanent on-shore camp, which began to take on the semblance of a village in the 1950s. The road from Tahsis to Gold River was only opened to the public in 1972. Until this time, the community was effectively a company town and all roads were private, so vehicles technically did not need to be registered with the province. Nevertheless, the Tahsis Company did keep track of vehicles operating on its road by issuing its own form of licence plate:
There is also a known variation of this plate which is dated, and was renewed the following year through the use of a small brass tab (see below):
Dave Hollins Collection
Neale Hankins Collection

Trail


Victoria

Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection
Dave Hollins Collection

West Vancouver

Dave Hollins Collection
Ron Garay Collection

Quick Links:
Municipal  |  Municipal Exempt   |  City Issues Gallery  |  City of Vancouver Gallery

HOME : BCpl8s.ca

© Copyright Christopher John Garrish. All rights reserved.